Hello!

>> If you look at the rfc, the requests are meant to be executed serially.

> The responses must be provided in the same sequence as the requests. This
> doesn't mean that each request can't be executed by a separate thread. As I
> said, responses has to be serialized to be sent in the correct order.

But this doesn't make much sense in common case. Having more than one thread
for a single client (additional to single thread for every client) will
make thread switching and synchronization stuff the server's bottleneck, not
mentioning the code obfuscation. This may, however, be a good thing when
requests are done externally (for ex. a call to SQL server on another
machine) and while they're completed the HTTP server doesn't do anything
useful, but then again - we don't need separate threads to achieve that.

--
Piotr Dalek