> So perhaps we should assume Services are more kernel-level than
> user-level in terms of being able to crash Windows?!

There are service applications and service drivers, the latter are
obviously running at a lower level but can not be created using Delphi.

Service applications are no different to interactive applications,
except for recognising extra control messages.  But if they misbehave on
start-up, Windows will wait 30 seconds or more for a response delaying
the boot process.  If other services are dependent on ones that won't
start, they won't run either.

The worst case I've seen was two years ago when a Sun Java runtime
timebomb (an expired certificate) caused any programs needed the runtime
to hang, including the APC power management drivers used to power down
PCs when batteries are failing, which somehow caused several other
services to die, in thousands of servers around the world, on the same
day.  Moral is never trust any program dependencies, runtimes in
particular, like Java, Perl or .net.

Angus