> ProcessExplorer:
> I only find two dll's that I'm not certain what they do:
>   - detoured.dll
>   - wxvault.dll (Embassy Trust Suite by Wave Systems. Apparently
> installed
> by default by Dell)

Google for both DDL-names, you will get plenty of hits.

detoured.dll, I bet that this is the culprit:

http://research.microsoft.com/sn/detours/

Detours is a library for intercepting arbitrary
Win32 binary functions on x86 machines.
Interception code is applied dynamically at
runtime. Detours replaces the first few
instructions of the target function with an
unconditional jump to the user-provided detour
function. Instructions from the target function are
preserved in a trampoline function. The
trampoline function consists of the instructions
removed from the target function and an
unconditional branch to the remainder of the
target function. The detour function can either
replace the target function or extend its semantics
by invoking the target function as a subroutine
through the trampoline.
Detours are inserted at execution time. The
code of the target function is modified in memory,
not on disk, thus facilitating interception of binary
functions at a very fine granularity. For example,
the procedures in a DLL can be detoured in one
execution of an application, while the original
procedures are not detoured in another execution
..

For instance Messenger Plus! uses detoured.dll
If so, remove Messenger Plus! and try again.
Messenger Plus! is an add-on for MSN Messenger.
Messenger Plus! installs an OPTIONAL adware called
C2Media which is also known as LOP.com.
%PROGRAM_FILES%\messenger plus! live\detoured.dll

Search your HDD for detoured.dll if Messenger Plus!
is not installed, try to find the application that
use it!!.

BTW: Interesting sample:
http://www.codeproject.com/internet/DnsHijack.asp

Also upload your wxvault.dll for a online check to
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
and
http://www.avira.com/en/support/verdachtige_dateien_und_sonstige_uploads.html

---