Fastream Technologies wrote:
> Hello Arno,
>
> Just found time... Sorry. I have an idea, to reduce the "NTLM context
> switches",

It is the user security context that is switched. Currently
LogOnUser API is called once on login at the application level.

> why don't we increase the buffer size from 1460 bytes to
> 8KB?
> That's what I did with my copy and speed increased ~30%! I think
> obeying Ethernet buffer size is less important than obeying Winsock
> buffer size and making it larger for less context switches.

Increasing component read/write buffer was enough, since context switches
currently happen on file system access only. I haven't noted a performance
decrease so far.

> BTW, in my Vista Biz, I am unable to find a way to create a new user
> group--does the groups exist on Vista?

It's the same as in XP Pro
(Administrative Tools |Computer Management | Local Users and Groups).

> My XP Home laptop is in
> repair...sorry once again.

AFAIK the Home edition doesn't provide an option to set NTFS rights
as required by default.

--
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]