Hi ICS Mailinglist,

I use the V6 Rev1 ICS TWSocket and have a issue with buffering somewhere in
ICS and/or Winsock.

On localhost or in my local LAN, if I have there a stream to my ICS
Server which
just "pushes" data, like the DATA-TCP Connection of ftp, then all data
is sent just
in some seconds with a amazing transferrate and is buffered somewhere. I
can see
via Breakpoint hat the data is then received by the function

{* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* *}
function WSocket_Synchronized_recv(s: TSocket; var Buf: TWSocketData;
len, flags: Integer): Integer;
begin
    if @FRecv= nil then
        @FRecv := WSocketGetProc('recv');
    Result := FRecv(s, Buf^, len, flags);
end;
{* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* *}

of ICS. Cause FRecv is the Winsock "recv" Function, wich is NOT from
ICS, so I
think it must be something inside of Windows and/or Winsock that causes this
problem. Does anybody have an idear what here does Buffer Megabytes of TCP
Data? Any idear why I can prevent it from that? I investigated the
Source, and it
is NOT a problem of the "TCustomWSocket.ASyncReceive" function!

The problem with this is, that if I make FTP over my Proxyserver (= ICS
Server) the
FTP Clients runs into a timeout: For the FTP Client it looks that all
data arrived and
the positive Answer is missing, but all the Data is just in some local
buffer...

My Goal is to slow down the connection via "TWSocket.pause;". But if I
do this
I just don't get further data from the big Buffer of Winsock.... The
data is in it
if I want or not.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,