Anton Sviridov wrote:
>> If you build a console mode application, you have to create one
>> yourself. See various console mode ICS d?mos. Simple...
> Yes, I created TIcsTimer with HttpCli.CtrlSocket as Owner and
> implemented Start/StopTimer methods. Seems working, although I don't
> see yet how can I control the main function flow from OnTimer
> procedure (i.e., how to tell CtrlSocket that is's timeout).

TWSocketCounter has been added to TWSocket in V7 with properties
ConnectTick, ConnectDT, LastAliveTick, LastRecvTick and LastSendTick.
That makes it very easy to implement a custom timeout.
Have a look at current THttpServer for an example.

>> This is underway. but designing a general purpose timeout is not so
>> simple because you potentially have thousands of components (server
>> side). You can't create a TTimer for each one or you'll run out
>> Windows resources very quickly (bad scalability).

> No problem, you could implement only one timer in the very root of
> socket (as you did with socket's window handle, AFAIR).

If you have a better idea than TIcsThreadTimer, demo in the MiscDemos
folder, please let us know.