Hi,
Ok, Thank you.

This is the correct one. What do you mean by "no result" ?
I mean I can't get anything done because I get all the the same messages --> Component not ready or component not connected.

Are there any examples of this?
OnRequestDone? --> tryed in many ways with no results.

And how about the connection?
Just "Connect" or "ConnectAsync"?

How the ASYNC is exactly used?
With connect?
With get?

- dan


----- Original Message ----- From: "Francois PIETTE" <[email protected]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] ICS FTP What events


I am still struggling with the ftp component because I want to make it work in async mode.
I have checked this page,
http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/Asynchronous_Paradigm

Still can't figure out what events do I need,
Whatever I do I get --> "Component not ready" or "Component not connected"

As stated on the page you mention, you cannot have two async methods called one after the other. Async method are just starting the requested operation and then return almost immedately while the requested operation take place in the background.

Usually you use OnrequestDone to trigger next operation according to the result of the operation you requested.

OnRequestDone? --> tryed in many ways with no results.

This is the correct one. What do you mean by "no result" ?

What is this "OnDisplay"?, on what display?

Display the messages the component send to the server and the replies from the server. This may help a lot understand what's going on.


--
[email protected]
The author of the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite (ICS)
http://www.overbyte.be

--
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be

--
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://lists.elists.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be

Reply via email to