Hi all,

I am busy creating some database connection, and i have been looking to create the famous MD5 passwords. After testing some generators on internet, i decided to write the generator in my application, using the ics component. If I try the example, i see the string is only in normal characters, as a MD5 password also contains characters as a / for example (don't know how to call these characters in english).

Is there any way to generate these type of passwords with the ICS component? If not, where can i find information on this, as i have been looking around the internet, and allways get tools doing exactly the same as the results i get with ICS.

i give an example here:

the password 'test' should generate : $1$/mMVthpE$sgNAe9PaR0ORB1YCc1CVq1
The server i need these hashed passwords for is freeradius, however on that site is no real information about this. As you can see the $1$ seems to tell the server it is encrypted, as i understood.

Best regards,

Ruud Kerstens