Hello Francois,

Ok, thanks, but is there any reason why the processing of the delivery of the
file takes place in the OnTerminate event, rather than at the end of the
execute method i.e after the call to the lengthy process.

--
regards

David

>> I've been looking at the FTPServ1 sample app and I don't quite understand
>> the worker thread part of the Getprocessing routine
>> .
>> Why is the data sent in the OnTerminate event rather than the execute
>> method ?

FP> The idea is to have the FTP server trigger some lengthy processing (here a
FP> simple 10 sec sleep for the demo, but could be a very long database query)
FP> to produce some data in response to a ftp get. This shows that the server
FP> keep servicing other clients while processing take place in a thread.

FP> --
FP> francois.pie...@overbyte.be
FP> The author of the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
FP> The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite (ICS)
FP> http://www.overbyte.be

FP> --

David Rose

Navigator Systems Ltd,
Network Business Centre, 3 Gloucester Street,
Bath, BA1 2SE,UK

Main Tel: +44 (0)207 183 0011
Fax: +44 (0)1225 464984

Company Email: da...@navigator.co.uk (Private e-mail on request)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of
the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be
privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any
form whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
e-mail the sender by replying to this message.