> My suggestion is largely based on a goal that I set for myself
> during the time that Delphi XE was being developed.  The current
> overhead in maintaining the include file seems excessive, at best.

It takes maybe 30 seconds to add a new version of Delphi to the include
file, another minute to update SVN and the release is automatically
zipped onto the web site, so not exactly excessive effort.

It takes a lot longer to add new packages for new Delphi releases and
test all the demos, project files cause us massive problems (and other
vendors) since they keep changing as well and are not backward compatible
to Delphi 2007 and with C++ Builder.  Arno Garrels needs to thanked for
all these changes.

Many ICS users are using old releases, some ancient releases, and will
lots of unexplained errors if they try to use them with Delphi 2009 and
later.

Delphi XE has turned out to be a straight forward update, but remember
that Embarcadero road maps show OS-X, Linux and 64-bit support being
added to Delphi and you will see a lot of preparatory work in the Delphi
XE runtimes like the LINUX and MACOS conditions, and those changes all
have major implications for ICS.

Angus