> But my suggestion has absolutely *nothing* to do with enabling ICS
> users to magically be able able to use ICS with future versions of
> Delphi.

Wrong, that is exactly what you said in the root message, that version
checks should be ignored for unknown new compilers.

> So, when compiling this code for Delphi XE, the code assumes that the
> compiler/VCL is compatible with Delphi 2010.  In general, a fairly
> safe assumption.

Your suggestion to shorten the include file with CompilerVersion >= 22.0
has exactly the same problem.

I believe you will also find that expressions were not allowed in
conditionals for many early Delphi releases, so your code is not backward
compatible.

Angus