> This issue was reported by one of my users, who later determined
> the cause
> by himself, so I have no such public server available. I will ask
> if this is
> a public server that can be checked. I guess in his case replacing
> private
> with public IP may work, since FileZilla works, however I agree
> that fixing
> NAT router would be a better option.

I have a nagging feeling that NAT address manipulation may only happen
with FTP clients, if it fails then people use passive mode.

I have one ICS FTP server behind a NAT router, another without NAT, so
I'll do a test myself later in the week to confirm how much manipulation
of the control channel is done by the router, if any.

Adding the same feature as FileZilla FTP client is not hard, since the
server public IP address is available from the socket.  Doing the same on
an FTP server is much harder, and really needs a public STUN server (as
used for SIP for the same reason).

Angus