----- Original Message -----
From: "Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd" <an...@magsys.co.uk>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] SMTP mail queue component?

>> > Has anyone built a component to queue email until an SMTP relay
>> > server is available?
>>
>> Not yet, but it's probably no big deal to write one.
>> It could be a simple two files per item approach.
>
> Simple is what I like, so I want to keep to one file per item, with all
> queue or status information in another file, as I do with my MailMaint
> POP3 tool.  The intention is only to have a few mail items queued.
>
> Thanks for adding SMTP SendtoFile, presumably for exactly this concept?

Yes, that was the idea. Actually I use some kind of a mail queue in one
of my apps, but that isn't ready for the public. I prefered to
queue an encoded, raw email rather than just the properties of TSmtpCli
since file attachments might have changed in the meantime. The alternative
would have been to copy file attachments to some temporary directory,
but that's a mess.