On 18-01-2011 11:25, daniel cc wrote:

So you build your combobox, wait 10 seconds, one client disconnects, all
the clients numbers reduce by one and your combobox is out of date. When
you try to send a command to one of them it may be the wrong client or
you'll get an exception because there are fewer clients.

I didn't think of this :(

That's why you need a server socket listening at each client computer.
Every time the a client computer starts, connect to the Server computer and introduce himself. Hey, my name is "Earl" and I'm listening to your commands at this "Address". I will report to you any errors occurring here. With this introduction message you can now add one more Client computer to your "Combobox" of the Server Application. Now you have a Client that, even if disconnected, you know is listening at that "Address" for any command the Server wish to send.