I hope this was clear.

Not enough. see below.

I need to send single file from the server and receive single file from the client (1 file at the time such as: .txt, .exe).

What about file metadata such as filename and timestamp ?
What about permissions to access the file at sender side and to write the file at receiver side ?

I will be sending and receiving only single files and the size will be maximum of 100MB

Doesn't matter. The only special case wiuld be very small files.

Is it possible to do it over the socket with for example file stream?
if not what are your suggestions?

FTP, HTTTP, SMTP/POP3, NNTP are all capable of transmit file and they are standard protocols based on TCP sockets. You may also design your own protocol based on your own requirements which are...

Basically, using HTTP client and server components is the easiest way of transfering files without the hassle of designing your own protocol.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be