Thanks Francois,
I probably need to get into this abit more.
I have some more details..

What about file metadata such as filename and timestamp ?
What about permissions to access the file at sender side and to write the
file at receiver side ?

--> I actualy think I could handle it on the both sides very easyly because,
Upload from client to the server (log files only which are .txt) with an automated process such as client will send the log file when it is asked by the server like, server sends command: getlogfile and client answers by sending the log file into a prefixed directory placed in the server with a prefixed name. Server sends an update file which is prefixed name such as "setup.exe" and client will save it into a prefixed directory placed in the client with a prefixed name. Everything will be done hidden at the background with no user attantion required.

FTP, HTTTP, SMTP/POP3, NNTP are all capable of transmit file and they are
standard protocols based on TCP sockets.
You may also design your own protocol based on your own requirements which
are...
--> I actualy have the protocol which is just the command based and everything works real good and smooth but sending and receiving files is once more something which I don't know if possible to do in the same way. Like: Server sends command: Get me the log file and client answers by sending the file, or server sends the setup.exe file and client responds by installing it.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be