The simplest would perhaps be to have a COMMIT mailing list on Google/ Yahoo.
That way, it could also show up in search results?

Best Regards,
Mohit.
18/2/2011 | 9:51 AM.

On 18/2/2011 4:15 AM, Francois PIETTE wrote:
Depending on the number of interested peoples, we will either send
individual emails or use another mailing list.

Wasn't there already an announce mailing list?

Yes, but svn notification would generate information not useful for announce subscribers, imo.
I think not much people will ask to receive the notifications.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be