You should really consider making in freeware/opensource.
You'll gain something: other people will find bugs and make enhancements.
Your own applications will then be better. And you'll enter the hall of
fames :-)

Always been a bit skeptic about open source,
how do you make money from that :)

I do money with freeware. Well, not directly.

You may not know it, but I'm an independant consultant, full time. A significant part of my customers have found me because of my freeware. I simply provide custome development, training, consultancy and other similar activity. Many companies have some developers finding my components, then they start writing their application and discover that they lack some resource or knowledge to build their application, or their application require some changes in the components. Then I'm here ! They hire me and I earn some money.

Also, making the components freeware makes it better. People find bugs and added enhancements. My own applications benefit from that as well. They are more robust. You must really make a difference between components and applications ! I make frewware components, not applications.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be