Hello Francois,

> Hi !
>
> I have a strange problem: in a windows service and using UDP, the
> service do not receive UDP datagram. Trying to debug this problem, I
> attach Delphi debugger to the running service and suddenly it starts
> receiving the UDP datagrams !
>
> Actually the service is a dual mode service/app console and it works
> perfectly well as a console application (and also as a service when a
> debugger is attached).
>
> Any idea bout what could be wrong ? Probably a permission issue. It
> makes use of the default local system account used for services.
> Tested on Vista Ultimate 32 bits.

No idea, but that can't be a permission issue IMO. Receiving datagrams
in a service running as system works fine. Also attaching a debugger
doesn't change security context of the debugee.
What happens is that a new thread is created in the process being
debugged, maybe there's some issue with your multi-threading?

--
Arno