Francois PIETTE wrote:
>> A 401 is returned.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> As I told you in my previous message, you missed that password
> (passed as var to the event handler) is initialized to #0 which is
> NOT an empty string.

I also do not understand why that has something to do with the fact
that both THttpCli and THttpServer require a non-empty password string
to handle authentication, one snipped from THttpCli:

{code}
    if (FStatusCode = 401) and (FDoAuthor.Count > 0) and
{$IFDEF UseNTLMAuthentication}
       (FAuthNTLMState = ntlmNone) and
{$ENDIF}
{$IFDEF UseDigestAuthentication}
       (FAuthDigestState = digestNone) and
{$ENDIF}
       (FCurrUserName <> '') and (FCurrPassword <> '') then begin
        { We can handle authorization }
{code}

I think that is a bug, though empty passwords are rarely used.