Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
> ICS does not currently support FireMonkey or Mac OS-X, it needs a lot of
> work since Linux is not event driven like Windows, and makes use of
> threads to prevent blocking.  ICS did support Kylix for Linux several
> years ago, so some work has been done.

Both other VCL-like cross-platform libraries I'm aware of (GLib/GTK+ and
Qt) include an abstraction of the underlying event system ([1] and [2]). I
don't understand why Embarcado should not use a similar approach and
includes a cross-platform event-system wrapper in FireMonkey. It would make
the life easier not only for ICS developers, I suppose.

BTW: I am not 100% sure but I think that at least GLib doesn't build its
event system on threads but on I/O signals for better performance.

Regards,
Tobias

Links:
[1] http://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html