Francois PIETTE wrote:

>>> Not exactly, the good old Outlook Express has been renamed "Windows
>>> Live Mail". It has a new "ribon tool bar" and slightly different
>>> folder treeview, but it is still Outlook Express and it is still
>>> free. Not delivered with Win7 itself, you have to download it. It is
>>> able to import email from previous versions.
>
>> Does it actually include plain SMTP and NNTP? I had the impression
>> from the description that it is only some kind of strange webmail
>> client with built-in spy.
>
> Bad impression. It support standard SMTP, POP3 and IMAP4 with same
> features as always.

Installed now, I see. However the ribbon and stuff I'll never use
makes it hard to use (at least for me). For old school users
the GUI is simply not intuitive, ribbons just look shiny, that's
all what they provide IMO :( I have a rock solid mail environment
with an anti-spam pop3 proxy, switching to Live Mail will probably
cost me days until I can be sure that I'm as safe as now (without
having to run a background AV scanner). When time allows I'll have
to find a final solution with or without Live Mail.