Van: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org] Namens
Arno Garrels
Verzonden: maandag 5 september 2011 19:42
Aan: ICS support mailing
Onderwerp: Re: [twsocket] Is it possible to lose an accept select message?

Henk van der Meer wrote:

> Wouldn't an unhandled exception show up in a message box?

If you run the app in the debugger exceptions show up in the IDE. Outside the
debugger unhandled exception in one of the ICS event handlers trigger
OnBgException if assigned, and are eaten silently. However it is possible to
tell ICS explicitly to call i.e. the default application exception handler
rather than silently eat those exceptions:

{code}
uses
  OverbyteIcsWndControl;
[..]
initialization
  SetIcsThreadLocalFinalBgExceptionHandling(fehAppHandleException);
{code}

Also, if an unhandled exception isn't the cause include wsoNoReceiveLoop in
client's ComponentOptions and see if that makes any difference.

Also make sure you use a recent version of ICS v7.
AFAIR Francois checked in a fix a couple of months ago that was related.
http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download