Thank you for a fast reply Angus (it was my first post here)

Surprisingly I have just run the demot again and this time it did get as far as
connecting (although I noticed that with the ordinary send mail version. - I
could send lots of test emails to my own email address with no bother and then
suddenly I would get a Helo error on the next one.)

However I am now getting the error

> STARTTLS
< 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
Starting SSL handshake
RequestDone Rq=12 Error=EIcsLibeayException Unsupported OpenSSL version
(0x0090600F) !
Supported versions are 0x0090805F - 0x100000AF
FileName: C:\Windows\system32\LIBEAY32.DLL
Error, stoped All-In-One demo

It looks like the demo is not looking for LIBEAY32.DLLin the application folder
(where I I have just downloaded it from the overbytes site ) and is using
either a later or earlier one from the C:\Windows\system32\ folder.
Any ideas what to do?

I don't want to touch the version in C:\Windows\system32\ in case that mucks up
anything else. Anyway I'm including the CIS component in an application  I'm
developing that will be used by somebody else and I won't know what system they
have, so fiddling it to work just on mine won't help (This also begs the
question as to what other dlls I will need to ship with my exe !)

Regards
Howard