From: TWSocket [mailto:twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org] On Behalf Of Angus
Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 2:57 PM
To: twsocket@lists.elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] [TWSocket]ICS8.26: undeclared identifier
'TSslEngine'

> *Subject:* [twsocket] [TWSocket]ICS8.26: undeclared identifier I am
> not able to compile design time package.
> Simply TSslEngine component cannot be found.
> Generate all C++ files.

Delphi or C++ packages?

> I can suppress this error just by defining OPENSSL_NO_ENGINE which is
> not defined by default.
> Do I lose much functionality after changing this?

No, engines are used for unusual ciphers and hashes.

> Has anyone successfully compiled the package for RAD2007 without
> changing the INC file?

Yes, I update new ICS releases in Delphi 2007 before testing them in the
latest version, to ensure backward compatibility.  But not C++ 2007, I don't
understand C++ so new releases are not testing with C++.

Despite requests, no-one else has agreed to help with C++.

Angus