> I have an old D5 application which can send html-emails with
> attachments. When the "SmtpCli.Data" function is called the
> application is blocked until all the data is sent. The connection
> is over SSL if that can change something. Is this normal or am I
> doing something wrong.

It should not be blocking, since the component processes one text line
at a time, through the onGetData event, which is uses to fill a buffer,
sends when full, and triggers for the next buffer full, like most ICS
applications.

It is CPU intensive, and might not be particularly efficient when
sending massive MIME attachments, but is not blocking as such.

Angus