on Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:58:49 +0200, Marieke Vandamme wrote: > Hello, > > My CMS system is translated in 2 other languages then the default. For > the default language, I selected a file to be shown in my menu (with the > before cObject). > When looking in the database, this is filled into the field > "pages.media". > > For the other languages, I needed to assign the same image. This is > filled into the field "pages_language_overlay.media". Is there any way > to use the data from the "pages.media" field for the other languages? > Because the image is the same for all the languages, I find it overhead > to save the same image 3 times in /uploads/media. > > My code for printing the image > before.cObject = IMAGE > before.cObject.file.import = uploads/media/ > before.cObject.file.import.field = media > before.cObject.file.import.listNum = 0 >
in the install-tool (typo3conf/localconf.php) you can define which fields are overlayed. search for '[pageOverlayFields]' in section '5:All Configuration' if you don't like to have the media-field overlayd, just remove it from the list. bernd -- http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/cheatsheet.html _______________________________________________ TYPO3-english mailing list [email protected] http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
