Hi,

I think the best place would be to use implement that on the login screen.

Basicly there 3 ways:
 1 use extjs to implement that
   (just works with js)
 2 detect the browser with php
 3 detect it with css/js
     (with the classes extjs adds to the body on load)

I implemented something similar to 3 at:
http://cms.sn.schule.de/typo3 (detect IE5,6,7 as invalid)

Can be tested with http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

It's simply based on the classes extjs offers to modify the css to fix
browser bugs. Currently it just detects old IE versions, but it should
be easily adoptable to other browsers.

If interested you can obtain the login.html template from me.

Regards
Kay

Am 27.06.2011 23:45, schrieb Jan Bednarik:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it would be wise to follow Google on this one:
>
> http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2011/06/our-plans-to-support-modern-browsers.html
>

> Each time a new version is released, we’ll begin supporting the update
> and stop supporting the third-oldest version.
>
> I like their approach :)
>
> Jan

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org