Hi Jigal and thank you,
I have been lucky and got almost all tables working just ok, only the 3 sites left.

10.8.2011 0:34, Jigal van Hemert kirjoitti:
If it's a cache table, do a truncate before converting it, or drop it
first and create it new.

The tables are mainly cache tables, those that core handles default as innoDB. For example cache_hash. Is it safe in your opinion to try:

---
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS cache_hash;
CREATE TABLE cache_hash ( id int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, hash varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', content mediumblob, tstamp int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', ident varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY hash (hash) ) ENGINE=InnoDB;
---

The first line ("DROP...") is something I want to try, the "CREATE..." part is what install tool compare wants to do but nothing happens after hitting Update. If I insert only the "CREATE.." in phpMyAdmin, I get error "#1050 - Table 'cache_hash' already exists"

Thank you,
Katja