Hi Loek,
in my experience I never encountered TYPO3 related issues with NFS using
this kind of configuration since TYPO3 4.3.x to TYPO3 6.1.x.
The only case that shows up to my memory is a "forgotten active"
deprecation log that was writing too much, but nothing else.

Happy to give more details just ask.

Bests,
Nicola

> Am 13.05.14 12:30, schrieb Loek Hilgersom:
>

>  Except for a few remarks here and there, and an occasional bugfix
>> related to NFS, I have not found much information about TYPO3 and NFS.
>> Is TYPO3 supposed to work fine on NFS? What are the experiences? Do you
>> use any specific configuration to deal with NFS?
>>

> Hi Loek,
>
> Which TYPO3 CMS are talking about?
> Which PHP version?
> Which NFS on which OS?
>
> We have experienced many problems with fopen (lock) operations with TYPO3
> CMS 4.5 using DAM.
>
> My opinion: avoid to put temp directories on NFS and go for some other
> strategy such as REDIS / Memcached caching.
>
> Best greetings,
>
> Olivier

*Nicola Cerchiari*