Hello,
I have done a lot of research about deploying a TYPO3 cms website for many months already but when it comes to deploying TYPO3 cms, I wish there would be more "Inspiring people to share" ;) I hope I can inspire people to share a bit now! :D

I want to have a continuous deployment with files and database but without deploying "everything" for every release since that's quite a lot of data that needs to be copied.

For the files to sync I use git but the database is really difficult since the database is changed (only) on the dev machine and then exported (with mysqldump) and imported on live again. The big problem here is the few seconds of downtime during deployment when the tables are deleted and imported again. I would like to have a system without any "broken state".

What I'm looking for is a proper way to:
- copy database (export, rename, import)
- import new data into new database with mysql import
- switch database somehow (maybe through symlink change in LocalConfiguration.php ?). Another idea: Is there a way to use and change environment variables somehow so that I can tell TYPO3 which database to use?

PS: I have written a deployment extension that runs with the scheduler and performs shell scripts so in the end I want a shell script ;)
--
Regards, Schaufi