Andy Fleming schrieb:
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Andre Schwarz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tor,

 after investigating the tsec code I'm wondering how your PHY  works in
 RGMII mode ...

 I think that there are some things missing, e.g. taking RGMII into
 account during tsec_init.

 /* Init ECNTRL */
        regs->ecntrl = ECNTRL_INIT_SETTINGS;

If you look carefully, you'll notice that ecntrl's RPM bit is
read-only.  Those bits are configured by POR pin strappings.

sorry, my documentation (MPC8349EARM rev.1) declares this register read-write. Of course it will be configured by the HRCW but can be overwritten afterwards.

If this is not true it's a documentation bug.

You may be more familiar with the UEC, which doesn't automatically
detect the link type, but is otherwise fairly similar to the tsec.

What do you mean ?
I'm trying to get two VSC8601 RGMII PHYs running on a MPC8343B ...

Andy

regards,
Andre

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht:
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner