On 04/12/2013 12:27:09 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
Dear Scott Wood,

[...]
> [snip]
>
> > +#ifdef DEBUG_DOCG4
> > +#define dbg(format, arg...) printf("DEBUG: " format, ##arg)
> > +#else
> > +#define dbg(format, arg...) do {} while (0)
> > +#endif

There already is a debugging facility in include/common.h too. And it does the
same thing too. MTDDEBUG might work as well.

I already pointed out MTDDEBUG, though debug() may be a better fit as it doesn't require adding debug levels, and since this driver's usage doesn't correspond to CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG in Linux (which appears to have been removed from Linux -- removal from U-Boot should likely follow).

Mike said he may just remove the debug messages entirely (maybe also from the Linux driver?), making it moot.

-Scott