On 05/17/2013 02:05 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 09:59:23AM -0700, Doug Anderson wrote:
Tom,

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Tom Rini <tr...@ti.com> wrote:
Saw your reply but don't completely understand it.  I think we'd still
like U-Boot to populate the memory property if possible and it sounds
like your patch would prevent that.  One reason is that we'd like to
be able to handle different memory configurations (one of which is
3.5G) with a single binary and have U-Boot just tell the kernel how
much space there is.

So, I've been assuming that these are different platforms that you
already append different device trees on, so that you use the same
binary still and just different DTs.  Is that not the case here?

Current thought is that we'll even share a device tree between the two
boards since differences between the two are very minimal.  Sorta like
how you can buy a Galaxy Nexus with 8G or 16G.  They're the same
device (as far as I know) just with a different eMMC part stuffed on.

OK.  I'll pick up this patch then, thanks!

FWIIW...

Acked-by: Gerald Van Baren <vanba...@cideas.com>

Thanks,
gvb