On 07/01/2013 04:37 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear tiger...@viatech.com.cn,
>
> please do not top post / full quote.
>
> In message <fe7aded5c2218b4786c09cd97dc4c49f940...@exchbj02.viatech.com.bj>
> you wrote:
>>
>> During debug u-boot with JTAG tools, maybe turning off optimizations was
>> recommended.
>
> Many people recommend many things. Even strange or non-working or
> incorrect or dangerous ones.

A while back I tried this for the Linux kernel, with similiar results.  I just
let it go without investigating further, guessing that maybe some tricks with
compiler directives were incompatible with turning off optimization.

But there's a good motivation for wanting to turn off optimization.
Single-stepping with a debugger at the C source level is almost useless.  I've
since gotten better at single-stepping at the assembly level while using the
mixed c and assembly view of gdb.

Mike