On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Lokesh Vutla <lokeshvu...@ti.com> wrote:
> AM4372 EPOS EVM has 1GB LPDDR2(Part no: MT42L256M32D2LG-25 WT:A)
> Adding LPDDR2 init sequence and register details for the same.
> Below is the brief description of LPDDR2 init sequence:
> -> Configure VTP
> -> Configure DDR IO settings
> -> Disable initialization and refreshes until EMIF registers are programmed.
> -> Program Timing registers
> -> Program PHY control and Temp alert and ZQ config registers.
> -> Enable initialization and refreshes and configure SDRAM CONFIG register
> -> Wait till initialization is complete and the configure MR registers.

Is there any public documentation to go with this?
I would suggest sprinkling the code with comments
to mention the different stages.

BTW, no IO powerdown setting for now?

[...]
> +ifeq ($(CONFIG_AM43XX),)
> +COBJS  += ddr.o
> +COBJS  += emif4.o
> +endif
> +COBJS-$(CONFIG_AM43XX) += emif4d5.o
> +

Are the steps really different enough to warrant a new file? Can't the changes
be handled properly in the code? How has this been handled in OMAPx where
DDR3 and LPDDR both are supported?

Regards,
Vaibhav