Hi All,

The T4240 on the T4QDS board is a PPC e6500 core (64 bit), but it is configured in U-Boot as an e500 core, which is 32 bit. Why is this? Can it be updated to e6500?

This leads directly into another question: can U-Boot be compiled and run 64-bit? So far, I have been unable to make it work with a 64-bit compiler. I'm running into these errors:

cc1: error: -mcall not supported in this configuration
cc1: error: -mrelocatable not supported in this configuration
cc1: error: -meabi not supported in this configuration

Specifying CFLAGS="-meabi -mrelocatable -mcall-sysv" will get through make T4240QDS_config without errors, but the above errors show up when making the following targets:
> include/autoconf.mk
> include/autoconf.mk.dep
> include/spl-autoconf.mk
> include/tpl-autoconf.mk

The build then fails, with a call to cross-gcc which does not include the specified CFLAGS. Is this a bug in the Makefile, that CFLAGS is not being passed to the call to cross-gcc?

Thanks,
Danny