On 05/11/2016 23:07, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 11/02/2016 03:36 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
Firmware provides a spin table on the raspberry pi. This table shouldn't
get overwritten by payloads, so we need to mark it as reserved.

This is probably fine for now so,
Acked-by: Stephen Warren <swar...@wwwdotorg.org>

However in the long term I wonder if U-Boot shouldn't find out the spin
table address from the FW-provided DTB, then boot all CPUs into a
spin-table implementation that's provided by U-Boot. That would avoid
having to hard-code the address/size of the spin table code/data in
U-Boot, which in theory at least could change to an arbitrary location
in a future FW release.

I think in the long term, it would make much more sense to use PSCI on the RPi3. Then we wouldn't have to worry about any of the above, except for an EL3 reserved memory region that we could also enquire using PSCI.

For 32bit systems, yes, probably :).

Alex