On 05/11/2016 23:01, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 11/02/2016 03:36 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
The rpi has a pretty simple way of resetting the whole system. All it
takes
is to poke a few registers at a well defined location in MMIO space.

This patch adds support for the EFI loader implementation to allow an
OS to
reset and power off the system when we're outside of boot time.

(As an aside, I'm not sure why someone wanting EFI wouldn't just use a
complete EFI implementation such as TianoCore.)

Sorry, I didn't reply to this part earlier.

If you have a TianoCore port, using that is almost always a better idea. I'd compare it to wine vs native Windows. With native Windows, you get guaranteed compatibility, wine only tries really hard :).

However, if you compare the size of this patch set to a TianoCore port, the rationale becomes pretty clear I guess. Porting a system that is already U-Boot enabled to be RTS enabled is a matter of a day of work. Non-RTS EFI enablement comes for free in U-Boot.

Porting TianoCore to a new platform takes slightly longer. And you have to embrace CamelCase.

Alex