On 28.05.2018 12:08, Baruch Siach wrote:
Hi Stefan,

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 12:05:43PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
On 28.05.2018 11:56, Baruch Siach wrote:
On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:20:01AM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
On 28.05.2018 10:11, Chris Packham wrote:
On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 3:27 AM Baruch Siach <bar...@tkos.co.il> wrote:

The hidden i2c slave that interferes the i2c bus is not board specific.
All Armada 38x SoCs are affected. Move the code disabling this slave to
generic code to make it work on all affected hardware.

I can't find a definition of this but the register seems to work for
kirkwood as well (not surprising since it's probably a common IP block). Is
there any chance we can find a home for this that's available to boards
that don't use SPL?

Yes, please. Can't we move this into the I2C driver instead (mvtwsi.c)?
No need to use MVEBU_TWSI_BASE then.

The trouble is that the Turris Omnia board needs the i2c in SPL to read the
RAM configuration from EEPROM. But I could not get the __twsi_i2c_init()
routine (runs in both DM and non-DM) to be called from SPL.

Are you sure? How can you use the I2C functions of this driver, if the
init / probe function is not called?

__twsi_i2c_init() is called from the main U-Boot image, but not from SPL as
far as my testing shows. Clearfog doesn't use i2c from SPL, but the Turris
board does.

Can't you switch to DM_I2C then? This should make sure, that the probe
function is always called before the xfer functions are used.

Thanks,
Stefan