Hi Michael, Pali, Tony & all,

On 24.08.22 09:35, Michael Walle wrote:
Hi,

On 24.08.22 00:33, Pali Rohár wrote:
Hello Stefan! Now when U-Boot contains new orion-timer.c driver, which
Michael wrote, I think that it mvebu platform should switch to use it.
Because build process for armada boards prints deprecation warning that
new timer is not being used. Could you look at it, if it is possible to
do global switch for mach-mvebu and mach-kirkwood? I think it does not
make sense to do per-board switching as it is de-facto platform related
code.

Yes, I also though about this.

But...

In Linux we have 2 different timer clocksource drivers for Orion /
Kirkwood and Armada XP / 370 etc:

drivers/clocksource/timer-orion.c
drivers/clocksource/timer-armada-370-xp.c

I did not check, if and why this is necessary to handle those chips
via different drivers yet. Perhaps later this week. Or someone of
you beats me with this. ;)

One thing which is definitely missing is
https://elixir.bootlin.com/u-boot/v2022.10-rc3/source/arch/arm/mach-mvebu/timer.c#L33

I didn't bother to handle that one. And of course all the compatibles are
missing.

Thanks. Just a short status update:

I'm currently busy with this CONFIG_TIMER migration for MVEBU /
Kirkwood. Looks good so far - I can only test on Armada XP right now.
So I need some extensive testing on all other kind of Marvell 32bit
users / developers. I expect to send the first draft patchset in a few
days.

Thanks,
Stefan