Hi,

On 7/20/23 07:49, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 08:28:41AM +0200, Michal Simek wrote:

On 7/18/23 17:41, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
On 13.07.23 16:35, Michal Simek wrote:
Empty capsule are also allowed to be process. Without it updated images
can't change their Image Acceptance state from no to yes.

Is there any documentation describing the usage of empty capsule to set
the image acceptance state?

I actually don't know about documentation. I was talking to Ilias to make
sure that documentation is up2date because there are missing couple of
things there.

Sughosh should have more to say here about A/B update.

I am testing A/B update and if you setup oemflags to 0x8000 then capsules
are not automatically accepted and waiting for acceptance capsule to be
passed.
When I tested it I found out that they are not process that's why I created
this patch.

The path you tried to modify is only executed by "efidebug capsule update"
or more specifically via the runtime service, UPDATE_CAPSULE.

But this API is NOT officially supported in the current capsule implementation
(at least, in my initial intention).
The only way to invoke capsule updates is to reboot the system.
If you want to test A/B update, please do the reboot.

I realized that to get full flow you need to use capsule update on disk to get all functionalities. But it is very impractical. Actually I would expect via efidebug you should be able to perform all steps as capsule update performs when you do reboot. I would also understand that via efidebug you are not able to apply any capsule but I don't think it is right that you can apply just update capsules but not empty capsules. I would understand none or all but not something in the middle.

Thanks,
Michal