On 7/26/23 15:07, Ilias Apalodimas wrote:
Hi all

[...]

Hello Sugosh,

fwu_empty_capsule() detects an empty capsule as one with a GUID
fwu_guid_os_request_fw_revert or fwu_guid_os_request_fw_accept.

I am not aware of a requirement in the UEFI specification to treat
capsules read from file in a different way than capsules passed via
UpdateCapsule(). Is there any reason why UpdateCapsule() should not
process an empty capsule when called from a boot-time EFI application?

Here is a story behind efi_update_capsule():
===
commit a6aafce494ab
Author: Masami Hiramatsu <masami.hirama...@linaro.org>
Date:   Wed Feb 16 15:15:42 2022 +0900

     efi_loader: use efi_update_capsule_firmware() for capsule on disk
===

I still believe that this is a valid change, but we should have
moved 'capsule->capsule_guid' check into efi_update_capsule_firmware()
at the same time.

I agree with Akashi-san here.  I am also fine with this patchset since
running the A/B update from an EFI app should work. But can we do a v2
with 2 patches?
#1 move the capsule check along with the empty capsule checks in
efi_update_capsule_firmware()
#2 fix the a/b updates via the runtime calls and adjust the commit
message accordingly, explaining why this change is needed?

Can someone from Linaro create v2 on this?
I just wanted to pointed to it.

Thanks,
Michal