On 8/24/23 16:25, Tom Rini wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 05:12:45AM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
On 8/24/23 05:02, Simon Glass wrote:
A '.stm32' extension is not allowed anymore, so change it.

Why?

This will likely break a huge amount of scripts, I'm tempted to NAK it
unless there is a very good reason.

This is in the cover letter.  Today, buildman --keep-outputs doesn't
actually keep the needed for booting outputs from a build for a number
of platforms.  Simon's response is to stop having a free-form list of
outputs. With I guess the caveat being ROM-defined names (for example,
we still keep "MLO" because that is the literal filename TI ROM looks
for on FAT partitions, on mos of their 32bit platforms).

Why not just place the free-form files into some output/ directory and be done with it ? Then they can have whatever extension they want, as long as the output/ directory name is stable.