On 10/4/23 15:56, Paul Barker wrote:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2023 at 02:33:07PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
On 10/4/23 11:36, Paul Barker wrote:

[...]

+int dram_init(void)
+{
+       return fdtdec_setup_mem_size_base();
+}
+
+int dram_init_banksize(void)
+{
+       fdtdec_setup_memory_banksize();

This and the one function above can likely go into arch/mach-rmobile/

We're not able to test every supported mach-rmobile board so we've
preferred to keep changes to RZ/G2L specific code where possible. I'm
happy to merge this into mach-rmobile (along with the similar code in
board/renesas/rcar-common/common.c), but it will only be tested on the
boards we have in our team.

Don't you already have a G2L specific file in arch/arm/mach-rmobile/ ?

(I can test whatever changes on R-Car if needed)

We could move these into arch/arm/mach-rmobile/memmap-rzg2l.c I guess.

Yep, the memmap*c files are by now a total misnomer.

+       return 0;
+}
+
+void __weak reset_cpu(void)
+{

Is this platform missing a way to reset the system ?
Please fix.

Adding reset support is on my todo list. I'm prioritising Ethernet
support above this right now, but we don't mind too much what order we
do things. Let me know if you'd prefer us to prioritise reset support.

Isn't the reset like really really simple ? Enable SYSRESET config option
and do TFA/SMC reset I guess ?

We don't have support for that in TF-A yet.

Hmmm, can you whack the reset controller register maybe ?
Or is the reset triggered by some PMIC I2C register write ?

There are examples of both in board/renesas/