Hello Quentin,

On 2024-01-26 11:37, Quentin Schulz wrote:
On 1/26/24 03:57, Kever Yang wrote:
On 2024/1/25 19:02, Quentin Schulz wrote:
We don't have a dedicated CD pin for the SD card connector.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0472192001/3044807 is the SD card connector we use.

Thanks for your information, but I think you are using the wrong microSD connector for rk3588 and maybe also for other rockchip SoCs. Here are four microSD card connector from the web you provide, all of them have card detect signal available for pcb:
https://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/m/molex-connector/sd-memory-card-connectors

None of those fit our requirements. We need a safe system that doesn't
break because of vibrations or shocks. Push-pull connectors are out of
question for our design. We have had issues with our Q7 devkit with
push-pull connector with SD cards slightly smaller or inserted
somewhat the wrong way. I can recall also countless of discussions in
the early days of the Raspberry Pis where there were a lot of issues
related to SD cards.

This is basically the mechanism we are using
https://media.distrelec.com/Web/WebShopImages/landscape_large/4-/01/Molex-500901-0801-30161714-01.jpg

Please, allow me to interject...  I'm really curious why don't you
use eMMC chips instead of microSD cards?  I mean, if the reliability
is of utmost importance, I wouldn't even consider microSD cards, not
even the high-endurance variants.

I can admit on our pictures of Jaguar and on the Digikey link I
provided earlier that it is not clear it is THAT kind of connector and
not a push-pull one.

It was clear to me, because I've already used hinged microSD slots. :)

Also.... It works just fine in Linux kernel with broken-cd and in
U-Boot with this patch, sooooooo I don't think it is "the wrong
microSD connector for rk3588 and maybe also for other rockchip SoCs."
:)