On 05/06/2024 11:25, Ilias Apalodimas wrote:
Hi Heinrich

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 at 09:36, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.g...@gmx.de> wrote:

On 5/31/24 15:50, Caleb Connolly wrote:
Add a tool that can generate GUIDs that match those generated internally
by U-Boot for capsule update fw_images.

Dynamic UUIDs in U-Boot work by taking a namespace UUID and hashing it
with the board model, compatible, and fw_image name.

This tool accepts the same inputs and will produce the same GUID as
U-Boot would at runtime.

This functionality should be integrated into the mkeficapsule.

Just pass the device-tree into mkeficapsule and generate the GUIDs
whereever they are needed.

I like the idea of moving this mkeficapsule which is already part of
distro packages but,  isn't it easier to pass the compatible string
node and the namespace?

Yeah, we only need the first entry in the compatible property, so parsing the whole DT is a bit overkill.

I can look at combining these tools, can mkeficapsule generate a capsule for multiple images?

Would we want it to work such that you provide the namespace GUID, compatible, and image names, and have it generate a capsule with the right image GUIDs?

Or would it be simple enough to just incorporate the functionality of genguid?

Kind regards,

Thanks
/Ilias

Best regards