Hi everyone,

in the past we used cgit, which provided cloning the u-boot repo via http, https, ssh and the git protocol.

When we migrated to gitlab, which doesn't support the git protocol, we implemented some additional service files to continue to support it for some of our git repositories.

We just noticed that cloning via the git protocol is currently broken, likely some changes in gitlab happened and we would need to recreate the symlinks on the server to point to the right repositories again.

Since that is another thing to maintain and keep up, we would like to just shut the git protocol down. AFAIK most projects moved to use https for cloning anyway, since there were not many reports of broken cloning.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth the effort to keep the git protocol up?

regards,
Claudius

--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,        Managing Director: Erika Unter
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-54 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: c...@denx.de