On 06.12.2011 09:46, Stefano Babic wrote:
On 05/12/2011 14:26, Dirk Behme wrote:
On 05.12.2011 14:23, Fabio Estevam wrote:
On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Jason Liu <jason....@linaro.org> wrote:

+IMAGE_VERSION 2
+
+# Boot Device : one of
+# spi, sd (the board has no nand neither onenand)
+
+BOOT_FROM      sd
This board does not boot from sd, only from SPI NOR.

Could you please let me know how it was tested?

Hi Dirk,

There is a 'workaround/patch' available from Freescale which switches
the board to SD boot. It's a small program written to the SPI NOR
replacing the U-Boot in SPI NOR, which then itself jumps back to the SD
boot routines. From user point of view the boards boots from SD then.

But if I really understand, the board boots always from SPI NOR, in
other words the SPI NOR cannot be empty, as it can be if the board boots
drirectly from SD.

Yes, this is correct. The ~20 line workaround is executed first in the SPI NOR and then jumps back to the SD boot routines. Hopefully there will be updated/modified boards in the future were the boot mode is configurable, again.

With a small, invisible indirection via the SPI NOR.

Then we need a document / README, as remarked by Fabio, to describe this
process.

Fabio: Do you think you could provide such a readme after your tests?

Many thanks

Dirk