On 04.02.2012 11:18, Marek Vasut wrote:
Let's discuss how to enable the i.MX5/6 caches in U-Boot:

On 03.02.2012 12:00, Stefano Babic wrote:
On 03/02/2012 11:18, Dirk Behme wrote:

As your concerns are surely related to speed up the boot process, IMHO
we can focus efforts to add cache support for MX5 / MX6.
Ok, sounds good. Any idea what has to be done for this? Or what would be
the steps for this?
As armv7 architecture, the MX can profit of the work already done for
other SOCs. Functions for enabling / disabling / invalidate caches are
already provided, in arch/arm/lib and arch/arm/cpu/armv7/cache_v7.c. So
at least for MX5/MX6.

But we should change MXC drivers to be cache-aware. At least the FEC
driver and MMC driver are known to not work when dcache is on.
Marek, Troy, Fabio: What do you think is needed to make the i.MX5/6
FEC driver cache-aware?

I already have a partly finished implementation of FEC ethernet with cache support somewhere on my drive.

Do you like to share this?

Many thanks and best regards

Dirk